Release Digest: GNOME, June 13, 2003
Jun 13, 2003, 23:30 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
An expanding set of utility functions used by projects in the
Elysium GNU/Linux distribution.
- Shared cookies database implementation
A lightweight Web Browser for Gnome using GtkHTML.
- Use shared cookie db in libelysium
- Remove threading code, and only open one connection per
libgnomedb 0.12.2 has been released
libgnomedb is a data-bound widget library based on libgda.
This is a bug fixing release containing just a set of patches
already committed to HEAD which remove the dependency on GTK+
2.2.x, thus allowing compilation on stock RH8 systems. So, if
already using GNOME/GTK+ 2.2.x, no need to update.
Changes in this release since 0.12.1:
- Backported patches from HEAD to remove dependency on GTK+ 2.2.0
- Fixed list of libglade module files (daniel)
Tarballs are available at
To install this new version, you'll need:
- libgda: glib, libxml2, libxslt
- libgnomedb: libgda and dependencies, libgnome/ui, libglade,
libbonoboui and, optionally, gtksourceview
You can find more information at the projects' homepage
you can ask any question/propose anything you
want in the GNOME-DB mailing list, which is available at http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-db-list.
Conglomerate is an XML editor for GNOME, aiming to be as
user-friendly as possible, to help non-technical people to use
DocBook and similar formats.
- Icon support witin the File->New assistant (me)
- Node Properties dialog now has a primitive attribute editor
- Other minor cleanups (me)
- Bugfixes in DTD support (me)
- Fixed bug #114960 (backspace past beginning of document)
- Fixed a bug where removing a span tag didn't trigger an MVC
update and hence caused lots of crashes and glitches. (me)
- Fix for some compiler warnings and a crash in the section
header code (Julian Satchell)