Release Digest: GNU, June 13, 2003
Jun 13, 2003, 23:30 (1 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
there's a new development snapshot of The GIMP for you to play
with. Grab a copy from
or from one of the mirrors listed at http://gimp.org/download.html.
I suggest you also upgrade to Pango 1.2.3 and GTK+ 2.2.2 which
have just been released since there are some important bug-fixes in
these releases which also affect The GIMP.
Here's a short summary of changes. For a more complete coverage,
please consult the ChangeLog:
- Removed color correction tools from toolbox again [Sven]
- Factored out color-picking code into a GimpColorTool class
- Updates to the W32 build system [Tor Lillqvist, Hans
- Removed the need for special casing for some platforms [Yosh,
- Added item rotation (90, 180, 270 degrees) [Sven, Mitch]
- Load old paths as new vector objects [Mitch]
- Apply transformations to linked items [Mitch]
- Generalized item transformations [Mitch]
- Improved session managment [Mitch]
- Speed up fonts query [Yosh]
- Backed out pluggable tools [Sven]
- Lots of bug fixes
Branko Collin, Pedro Gimeno, Dave Neary, Raphael Quinet, Maurits
Rijk, Adam D. Moss, Jakub Steiner
I have released version 4.6 of Texinfo, the GNU documentation
format, with supporting programs.
You can get it by anonymous ftp from
and its mirrors worldwide (see http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html).
The Texinfo home page is http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/.
Please email bugs or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org, general
discussion to email@example.com.
4.6 (10 June 2003)
- new command @/ specifies an allowable breakpoint within a
- new command @dofirstparagraphindent to control whether the
first paragraph following a section heading is indented. Default is
to omit this indentation, unlike the output up to now.
- new command @indent for explicitly indenting a paragraph.
- makeinfo writes a new construct for @image in Info output, so
that graphical Info browsers (such as Emacs Info under X) can
display an actual image. (Standalone Info ignores this, since it
runs in a tty.)
- search for image files in the include file search path.
- warns if @value is used on an undefined variable.
- Info output:
- default --split-size now 300,000 bytes, up from 50,000.
- with --enable-encoding and a given @documentencoding, output a
Local Variables section specifying that encoding, for use with
- HTML output:
- uses <h3> at the smallest.
- a few css <style> definitions are included to better
implement @format, @display, @small..., etc.
- new option --css-include=FILE includes FILE in the
- @cartouche now outputs a <table> with a border.
- new Polish translation txi-pl.tex.
- --command=CMD replaces --texinfo=CMD; it inserts CMD at the
first line of LaTeX files now, or after the @setfilename for
- RET now goes to the nearest xref (rather like Emacs Info),
instead of the next xref starting on the current line.
- new Romanian (ro) translation.
- variables now declared const where appropriate.
- gettext 0.12.1, automake 1.7.5.