Release Digest: Distributions, July 7, 2003
Jul 08, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Trustix Secure Linux 2.0
[ Thanks to Grant
ZoBell for this link. ]
This is the announcement for Trustix Secure Linux 2.0 nicknamed
Welcome to the best TSL ever!
- Erlend Midttun, project manager.
Trustix Secure Linux is a Linux distribution aimed towards the
server market. It's packages are carefully selected to provide the
services in the most secure manner.
Features in Trustix Secure Linux 2.0:
- New installer with improved package selection.
- Courier IMAP daemon
- Cyrus IMAP daemon
- CUPS printing system (replacement for LPRng)
- DB1 and DB4
- Fcron (replacement for vixie-cron)
- Xinetd (replacement for inetd)
- Apache 2
- Bind 9
- ISC DHCP daemon 3
- FreeSWAN 2.00 with x509 certificate support
- GCC 3.3
- Glibc 2.3
- Kernel 2.4 which gives us at the very least
- Journalled file systems: ext3, reiserfs and jfs
- Iptables for improved fire walling
- Improved hardware support including Intel Pentium 4 hyper
- PHP 4.3
- MySQL 4
- NTP 4.1
- OpenLDAP 2.1
- OpenSSH 3.6
- OpenSSL 0.9.7b
- Perl 5.8
- Postfix 2
- PostgreSQL 7.3
- ProFTPd 1.2.8
- Python 2.2
- RPM 4
- Swup 2
You can find it on your favorite mirror.
We wish to thank those who tested and gave us valuable feedback
on the previous pre-releases.
Please report discovered issues on the distribution mailing list
(tsl-discuss at trustix dot org).
Notes on upgrading
If you installed the TSL 2.0 Release Candidate 1, you will be
able to swup upgrade to this final release. For earlier versions
the changes are so fundamental that you are far better off
installing the final release from scratch.
The cloud-dev crew
- Goetz Bock
- Gerald Dachs
- Daniel Meyer
- Nico Erfurth
- Tor Hveem
- Janåke Rönnblom
- Roland Kruse (who works for Trustix AS with other commercial
products, but tend to spend his time off with TSL rather than his
wife :) who has hung with us for a year now trying to get this
Also, thanks to the #trustix crew on ircnet for providing
valuable real-time conversation.
The TSL team
(tsl at trustix dot com)