Release Digest: GNOME, November 2, 2003
Nov 03, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
A GNOME 2 desktop news aggregator, using the RSS and Atom
Thanks once again to Jan Alonzo for development help and Ryan
Skadberg for hunting bugs. And Scott Douglas-Watson is a welcome
new addition to the development crew.
- Atom support
- Reduced memory consumption
- Eliminated the worst freezes in the UI
- Switched completely over to Mark Pilgrim's FeedParser, no
longer two separate parsers
- Improved the UI a bit
- Fix bugs with mixed up feeds
- Live with slightly broken HTTP servers that use just LF as a
- Reduced dependencies: no more need for PyXML, make ADNS
- No more HTML in Article list
- SubscribeDialog is now a GNOME Druid
- Dragging of URLs from browsers now works
- Move configuration stuff to gconf
- Change timings and number of connections, should be faster
- Various bug fixes
gLabels is a lightweight program for creating labels and
business cards for the GNOME desktop environment. It is designed to
work with various laser/ink-jet peel-off label and business card
sheets that you``ll find at most office supply stores.
- Fixes glabels-batch command line front-end.
Image viewer and browser.
Gnome version of Jewels with multiplayer deadmatch mode.
Gnome2 based version.