Release Digest: GNOME, November 5, 2003
Nov 06, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
Monster Masher 1.4
Gnomes grow up. So do monsters. The surprising thing is that the
same is true for rocks. Don't believe me? See for yourself if your
hardware is large enough...
What's new since 1.4:
- Support for multiple tile sizes. Included are 24x24 pixel (same
as in previous releases) tiles and 32x32 tiles. Monster Masher will
automatically select the large tiles if the screen is big enough
- Replaced the ugly animation when the gnome was pushing blocks
with a neat magic overlay on blocks!
- Code cleanup, including proper exception handling
- New and updated translations (by Metin Amiroff, Kostas
Papadimas, Michiel Sikkes, Artur Flinta)
About Monster Masher:
In the old days, before man entered the world, the gnomes were
abundant. Through centuries of hard labour, only slightly eased by
the levitational powers provided to them by their god, they bored
out shafts and caves in the mountains. Always seeking the precious
stones and valuable ore...
Monster Masher is a GPL'ed mash'em-up action game for GNOME.
Each level contains a number of blocks and monsters. You're a
little gnome running around. By pushing the blocks you can mash the
monsters one at a time. There are various power-ups and different
kinds of monsters.
The requirements are Gnome 2.2 and the gtkmm and gnomemm-all
libraries from www.gtkmm.org/.
Fullscreen mode is on the todo list so that people with 1024x768
displays can enjoy large gnomes (and monsters and rocks) too.
A simulator and assembler for the Intel 8085 Mircroprocessor
- Added RPM packages
- Added Slackware packages
- UI enhancements
- Changed package files
- Added "make install" doc directory miss
What is it?
Epiphany is a GNOME web browser based on the mozilla rendering
engine. It aims to be simple and easy to use.
- Fixes for printing dialogue when shown from mozilla
- Don't show a failure dialogue when cancelling the print
dialogue shown from mozilla (Christian)
- Initialise the print dialogue also when shown from mozilla
- Always show the print dialogue when printing from mozilla
- Only allow printing the selection when there really is one
- ca (Jordi Mas)
- ga (David O'Callaghan)
- sk (Marcel Telka)
- sv (Christian Rose)
Where can I get it?
Epiphany 1.0 requires Mozilla 1.4, 1.4.1, or 1.5.
The suggested version is Mozilla 1.5:
More about dependencies and installation tips: http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/downloads.html