Release Digest: Distributions, November 30, 2003
Dec 01, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
- Linux kernel 2.4.22
- Support for more hardware and improved hardware
- Flash fixes
- Replaced gtkam with flphoto
- Removed kopete
- Drivers for winmodems
- Gqview replaced with Kuickshow
- Included Python 2.3 and BitTorrent 3.3
- Bug fixes in KDE icons and file associations
DeLi Linux 0.4
- "New delisetup
- "Changed /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
- "Patched pppsetup (usepeerdns)
- "some bugfixes..."
Immunix Secured OS 7.3
"Immunix, Inc., is pleased to announce the release of Immunix
Secured OS 7.3, based on the 2.4 Linux kernel, 2.2.5 glibc, and
2.96 GCC. This release includes the SubDomain mandatory access
control module, StackGuard buffer overflow mediation, and
FormatGuard format string mediation. This release is also the first
to ship substantial SubDomain profiles, with over thirty in the
base distribution, and roughly seventy additional profiles to serve
as a strong base for securing your own applications..."
"As many of you already know, the new release of the TPM
security server, 1.0.1, is finally out. It includes:
- "Updates to software packages.
- "New support for wireless chipsets from TI and Atheros.
- "More extensive testing to make sure things actually work.
- "Some changes to the boot up process, so it won't hang on
laptops without floppy drives..."
ClarkConnect Home Edition 2.1
"Home Edition 2.1 is available. If you are upgrading from a 1.x
version, you can use the CD-ROM upgrade option--instructions
here. If you are uprading the 2.0 version, you can either wait
for the upgrade RPM release (November 30), or follow these
"Office Edition 2.1 will be released December 2..."
LRs GNU Linux "Creme-13" RC1
"The newest LRs GNU/Linux ReleaseCandidat 'Creme-13' is out now.
Based on LFS-5.0 with
on tty2 and much more..."