Release Digest: GNOME, December 2, 2003
Dec 03, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
Yelp 2.5.0: "More Than Meets the Eye" is finally here. For weeks
I've been watching Yelp crash alone. Now you can watch Yelp crash
Yelp is the default help browser in GNOME 2. I'm supposed to write
a blurb about how it handles HTML, DocBook, man, and info. But that
would be a lie. It handles DocBook. And does it ever handle
I've written a completely new transformation infastructure. It's
fast, it's clean, and it works. The man and info transformations
have to be reworked into this new system. That will take some work,
but it will happen. Lots and lots of stuff has changed, and it
As a fun game, I've hidden an undetermined number of memory leaks
in this release. See how many you can find! If you really want to
help with Yelp, consider joining #docs on GIMPNet. I'm always
there, and there's always some work I can throw at someone. Read on
for the list of known problems and regressions. That's probably a
good place to start hacking.
First, if you're not actually testing development releases, please
do not use Yelp 2.5.0. This is an unstable development release.
There are a lot of problems and a lot of regressions. If I see
somebody whining on FootNotes about how I broke the help browser, I
will take away that person's socks.
The gnomemm team is very pleased to announce the initial release
libpanelappletmm provides a C++ binding for the panel applet
API. This API is simpler and more object oriented than the
underlying C API.
libpanelappletmm requires Gtkmm >= 2.0, Gconfmm >= 2.0,
Libgnomemm >= 2.0, and gnome-panel/libpanel-applet >= 2.4
This is our initial release.
- Initial Skeleton created
- Wrapped Applet class and methods
- Created factory functions
- Made factory functions template functions (Murray's idea)
- Created two examples to demonstrate wrapper (Bryan Forbes)
- Hand-coded Applet::get_background() to use C++ types
- Fixed dependencies (Murray Cumming)
You can download it from
(near the bottom of the page)
Gnome Drinking Game 0.1.0
Gnome Drinking Game 0.1.0
Stupid games to help you get drunk in style.
- The tarball is built properly now (look mum, i can use make
Versions 0.5.1 of SLgtk and 0.9.7 of SLIRP are now available
Highlights of this release include:
- Almost 150 additional Gtk functions, supporting several new
widgets/objects (GtkListStore, GtkTreeview, GtkCellRenderer,
- Support for defining ancestry/class hierarchies within the
bundled SLIRP code generator
- Several updates to the VWhere guilet
- New and improved documentation and sample guilets
- Faster builds
The SLgtk package binds the Gtk2 and GtkExtra widget sets to the
S-Lang scripting language (www.s-lang.org). SLgtk wraps almost
2200 functions from Gtk2 and its constituent libraries, includes
over 4000 lines of sample code in 40+ working guilets, and provides
a code generator (SLIRP) which can be useful for building
additional S-Lang modules.
SLgtk also includes a visual version of the powerful S-Lang
"where" command, extensions to and performance enhancements for
several GtkExtra widgets, and a pixbuf loader for the FITS image
file format widely used within astronomy.
-Michael S. Noble
Changes in v0.5.1:
- SLIRP 0.9.7 enhancements:
- extended type ancestry support: an opaque type may now have a
hierarchy of ancestors, instead of just one.
- Use new SLIRP ancestry support to encode knowledge of most the
Gtk class hierarchy within SLgtk. Among other things, it is now
- use g_signal routines on any GObject instance, not just
- ditto for g_object set/get q/data routines on any GObject
- catch many more type mismatch problems at the S-Lang layer,
instead of allowing them to cascade down into the C layer of Gtk
- Wrapped gtk_container_foreach()
- Created gtk_widget_get_allocation() to return
(GtkWidget*)->allocation field. Added a use case to
examples/drawarea.sl sample code.
- Added nominal support for:
- GtkItemFactory object
- g_quark_* family of functions.
- g_param_spec_* family of functions
- GtkTextChildAnchor object
- GtkCellRender object (and children)
- GtkListStore object (and sample code at
- GtkTreeView widget using a GtkListStore model
- Wrap fundamental G_TYPE_* macros (gtype.h) as S-Lang ulong
- Wrap G_TYPE_PARAM_* macros (gparamspec.h) as S-Lang ulong
- Attempting to create a text tag from an unbalanced name/value
property list now signals error, instead of creating the tag with
- gtk_text_buffer_get_iter_* routines now return the GtkTextIter
result on the stack, instead of using a reference parameter (as in
C api). This is the more natural S-Lang usage, and requires less
code than in C.
- VWhere 1.0.7 enhancements:
- improved zooming and panning
- added preference to customize default plot line/connector
- Simplified build process and improved performance.
OpenHacha is a "free as in freedom" implementation for GNU/Linux
of the propietary-and-only-for-MS-Windows program Hacha. OpenHacha
is based on the libhacha.cs library, a C# implementation of the
Hacha program features, developed by the Sierra project.
- Code cleanups for more reasonable widgets names..
- New "About" dialog.
- Check the chunks are there before trying to join them.
- First public release.
- Basic Gtk# interface.
- Split files with Hacha format supported.
- Join the chunks generated by Hacha program supported.
- WARNING: The new Hacha CRC format is not supported.
Planner 0.11 has been released!
Planner is the project management application formerly known as
MrProject. There will be more information about Planner shortly on
the website at http://planner.imendio.org/,
which we are working on getting up and running. In the meantime,
don't hesitate to join our mailinglists to discuss the development
and use of Planner:
This release is mainly a bugfix release. If you have problem
loading files with MrProject 0.10, you should upgrade to this
Thanks to Frederic Crozat and Ryszard Klos for bug fixes.
the Planner hackers
GTK+ OpenGL Toolkit 0.2.0
GTK+ OpenGL Toolkit 0.2.0
Gtk+ ogltk (ogle-tick) is a GTK OpenGL toolkit which gives the
programmer an easy to use API to create 3D Objects and scenes.
OpenGL Toolkit for GTK+ 2.x
- 3DView (GTKWidget)
- GLobject (Base Class)
- Defined 3D Objects (glo_box, glo_cube, glo_gear)
- glt_Color - glColor
- glt_matrix - Transformation and Rotation Matrix
- LightSources (Lightbulb)