Release Digest: GNOME, March 22, 2004
Mar 23, 2004, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
What is it ?
Epiphany is a GNOME web browser based on the mozilla rendering
engine. It aims to be simple and easy to use.
What's changed ?
- Fix a crash when opening bookmarks properties (Christian)
- Arafat Medini (ar)
- Dmitry G. Mastrukov (ru)
- Gabor Kelemen (hu)
- Asmund Skjoveland (nn)
- Liu Songhe (zh_CN)
- Marcel Telka (sk)
- Ma SivaKumar (ta)
- Rhys Jones (cy)
- Sanlig Badral (mn)
- Vladimir Petkov (bg)
- Xavier Conde Rueda (ca)
Where can I get it ?
Epiphany 1.2.1 requires mozilla 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 or mozilla
The suggested version is Mozilla 1.6:
More about dependencies and installation tips:
This is the new stable release of gnome-games. Since the 2.4
series there have been many changes, the highlights are:
- Mahjongg has new layouts, new tilesets and is completely
scaleable. It is also faster and shuffling works properly.
- Gnomine has new, improved graphics and a hint function.
- Freecell (the aisleriot version) now has supprot for
super-moves and is a lot closer to the stand-alone version in
- Glines has new graphics and is also completely scaleable.
- Aisleriot now keeps track of statistics on the games you
- Gnect has recieved a major upgrade and is now leaner and
- For aislriot and blackjack the dialog for changing the card
style has been reworked.
Many people have contributed to this release, both for code and
artwork. In alphabetical order they are: Steve Chaplin,
You will need the GNOME 2.6 development platform to build this,
especially GTK 2.3. It is also desirable to have gettext 0.12. To
compile Aisleriot you will need the guile scheme interpreter. For
Blackjack and Gnometris you need a C++ compiler.
You can find it at: