Release Digest: GNOME, July 7, 2004
Jul 08, 2004, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Criawips is a slide show application that aims to become a full
featured presentation application in the future. criawips is based
upon the GNOME development platform  and some libraries from
GNOME Office .
Criawips wants to become a part of GNOME Office once it's usable
by end users and starts to integrate well into the existing GNOME
About this release
This version includes a preview of the slide within the main
window. This is currently affected by a bug (feature?) of the GNOME
Canvas that prevents zooming text.=20
Grab it from .
The criawips development team is still looking for someone to set
up and maintain a web site for the project.
Criawips' development takes place on the savannah platform .
The source code is located at the Savannah CVS repository .
Sven Herzberg <email@example.com>
What is it ?
Epiphany is the GNOME web browser, based on the mozilla
rendering engine. It aims to be simple and easy to use.
Epiphany 1.3.2 is a development release in the unstable series
leading up to GNOME 2.8.
What's changed ?
- Fix crash when download finishes (Xan)
- Load extensions from ~/.gnome2/epiphany/extensions too (Ross
- Allow importing of our own bookmarks format (Christian)
- Support for working offline (Christian)
- Integrated popup blocking (Adam)
- Removed support for mozilla 1.6 (Marco)
- Append new tabs to the end instead of grouping them
- Add "New Topic" button to the New Bookmark dialogue (Marco)
- Improved import and presentation of hierarchical bookmarks
- Implemented "Open in tabs" from toolbar topics (Marco)
- New tab load animation (Christian)
- Reordering of bookmarks on toolbar by DND (Marco)
- Add Open In Tabs to toolbar topics (Marco)
- Add context menus for bookmarks and topics on toolbars
- Use Blank Page icon as default icon (Marco)
- Add mim-type icon in downloader (Xan)
- Ported to mozilla embed strings (Marco, Christian, Xan)
- Moved external protocol handler prefs to js file (Marco)
- Disabe xpinstall by default (Christian) [#144035]
- Separate bookmarks from other toolbars (Christian, Marco)
- Implement popup-blocked signals (Adam) [part of #111930]
- Includes cleanup (Marco)
- Allow custom types in the permissions manager (Christian)
- EphyNode ID cleanups (Marco)
- Simplify printing code (Marco)
- Track mozilla trunk API changes (Christian)
- Fixed "Exit Fullscreen" popup position in RTL locales
- Fix filechooser default name in !modeSave mode (Christian)
- Fix webcal: uris (Marco) [#143899]
- Don't hide clipboard actions on input context (Marco)
- Fix CSS background context menu (Crispin Flowerday)
- Retain custom data when moving toolbar items around
- Fix spinner in gradient themes (Crispin Flowerday)
- Escape some strings when using them in labels with markup
(Crispin Flowerday, Christian)
- Fix reload of framed pages not to go to top url (Christian)
- Use generic name in .desktop file (Marco) [#144284]
- Fix Control-L location bar activation (Christian)
- Hide non-toplevel urls from history (Christian) [#142143]
- Fix crash with confused toolbars file (Christian)
- Fix toolbar visibility after fullscreen (Christian)
- Fix serials on files with 2 extensions (.tar.gz) (Xan)
- Always show menubar on F10 (Christian) [#141999]
- Fix context menu on form elements (Christian) [#143942]
- Fix display of IDN domain names for cookies and password
- Unescape email address when copying to clipboard (Christian)
- Don't delete bookmark when dragging to a tab (Marco)
- New translation of documentation into spanish by Francisco
Javier F. Serrador
- (sr, st@Latn)
Where can I get it ?
with MD5 sum bff3493d681013c2dc4bfed9623a8553.
Epiphany 1.3.2 requires mozilla 1.7, 1.8a1 or trunk. The
recommended version is Mozilla 1.7:
More about dependencies and installation tips: http://gnome.org/projects/epiphany/downloads.html
GNOME War Pad 0.3.2
GNOME War Pad 0.3.2
A 'VGA Planets' client for the GNOME platform. VGA Planets is a
turn-based space strategy game that can be played by 11 players at
once. This game is being played since Fidonet times, and have lots
of fans that still play on those old DOS clients, it's time for a
GNU/Linux one :-)
- Initial battle simulation and GUI for VCR using OpenGL.
- Added checks for gtkglext and python libs on build system.
- Ship detection range added to starchart.
- Initial Python scripting support: Python Console.
- Warning dialogs according to HIG.
- GNOME & Glade library version checks fixed on build
Epiphany Extensions 1.1.1
What is it ?
Epiphany Extensions is a collection of extensions for Epiphany,
the GNOME web browser.
Epiphany Extensions 1.1.0 is a development release for the
development series of Epiphany, starting with version 1.3.0.
What's new ?
- Popup blocker. It is now integrated in Epiphany. (Adam)
- Removed support for mozilla < 1.7 (Christian)
- Ported to mozilla embed strings (Christian) [#144237]
- Fix C99-ism in error viewer (Adam) [#144053]
- Fix crash when closing the last window (Christian)
- Fix includes (Adam) [#143818]
- Rostislav Raykov (bg)
- Marcel Telka (sk)
- Laurent Dhima (sq)
Where can I get it ?
Epiphany Extensions 1.1.1 requires Epiphany 1.3.1 or above: