Release Digest: GNU, August 9, 2004
Aug 10, 2004, 04:45 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
GNU MDK 1.2
GNU MDK 1.2 has been released. It is available from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mdk/ and
mirrors of that site (see list of mirror sites at http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html).
GNU MDK provides a simulator of D. Knuth's MIX computer, and a
development environment to write, run and debug MIXAL programs on
New in this release:
- Graphical user interface (gmixvm) updated to gtk+ 2.4.x
- gmixvm now uses the latest version of the gtk+ toolkit,
including antialiased Pango fonts.
- Individually detachable windows for the virtual machine, the
source window and the devices notebook (there is no 'split mode'
- Detachable toolbars.
- Current source line and breakpoints are now marked via
- New menu option to change all fonts at once.
- German i18n available (thanks to Mike Scholz). Set LANG to
de_DE.UTF-8 to use it.
- mixasm includes debug info in compiled mix files by default:
the options -g and --debug are gone; if you want to compile without
debug info, use -O or --ndebug.
Visit the MDK home page at http://www.gnu.org/software/mdk/mdk.html.
Bug reports should go to email@example.com.