Update: Marcelo Tosatti: Linux 2.4.28
Nov 17, 2004, 12:30 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Marcelo Tosatti)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
- 2.4.28-rc4 was released as 2.4.28 with no changes.
Here goes the fourth release candidate of 2.4.28.
A few small problems showed up in time for another -rc.
Missing exported symbols in the networking area, an ACPI
poweroff bugfix, aic7xxx compile fix with -Werror, a binfmt_elf
underflow enhancement, an SCTP fix, and a couple TG3 fixes.
This will become v2.4.28 final if nothing _really_ bad shows
Thanks to everybody who has been contributing to make this
Summary of changes from v2.4.28-rc3 to v2.4.28-rc4
- [NET]: neigh_for_each must be EXPORT_SYMBOL'ed
David S. Miller:
- [AF_UNIX]: Serialize dgram read using semaphore just like
- [NET]: Export __neigh_for_each_release to modules
- [TG3]: Update driver version and reldate
- binfmt_elf: handle p_filesz == 0 on PT_INTERP section
- Changed EXTRAVERSION to -rc4
- [TG3]: 5753 support and a bug fix
- [SCTP]: Fix inetaddr notifier chain corruption
- aic7xxx aic79xx_osm_pci.c compile fix with -Werror