Intel's Poulsbo Driver A Bloody Mess?
Feb 02, 2009, 13:04 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michael Larabel)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"With the X.Org Poulsbo driver not being actively maintained, it
doesn't even build with the latest Linux packages. If things
couldn't get worse, the Intel Poulsbo driver depends upon a binary
blob. The blob found in this file is called msvdx_fw.bin and if not
installed will prevent you from utilizing 3D or video acceleration.
Not only is there that headache, but there is also another
dependent blob called Xpsb that is required."
- Intel UXA Acceleration Performance(Dec 29, 2008)
- Intel Linux Graphics Performance Q4'08(Dec 23, 2008)
- Intel Atom On Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuSE, Mandriva(Dec 16, 2008)
- Intel X.Org, Mesa Performance In Ubuntu(Nov 14, 2008)
- Intel GMA X4500HD Review(Jul 31, 2008)
- Intel Linux-Ready Firmware Developer Kit(Mar 06, 2008)
- Intel Releases Open 965/G35 IGP Programming Documentation(Feb 02, 2008)