"The first thing I did was to create a new ASP.Net web
project in C#, and create an asmx web service that would return a
complex type of some sort, and then use JQuery on the Default.aspx
to call the web service. I used the JSON2.js serializer on the
client side to verify that the output by just deserializing it.
"The initial results were a disaster. All I could get from
Mono's asmx web service was XML output, despite putting the
ScriptMethodAttribute on my web service method.
ScriptMethodAttribute tells the asmx HttpHandler to output in JSON
"Assuming (incorrectly, as I later discovered) that I had found
a rather silly bug in the Mono class library, I tested the exact
same code in Microsoft's ASP.Net...which proceeded to work as