Microsoft stuck at top of open source incline
Apr 28, 2009, 20:50 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dana Blankenhorn)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"But they went there with cash, even though Michigan itself
would gain benefits from having this kind of software available. As
would any university running a mixed-source computer network, which
is to say all of them.
"When you have to pay people to do your open source development,
even development that is in their interest to have done, you are
naturally going to take a proprietary attitude toward what results.
You may indeed wonder what the excitement of open source is all
about -- is it just taking your work for nothing?"
- Official Novell/Microsoft Web Site (MoreInterop) Calls Moonlight "Microsoft Moonlight"(Apr 27, 2009)
- Tart, Funny, Smart, Insightful, Whiny: Linux Today Reader Comments(Apr 17, 2009)
- ASP.Net Ajax in Mono(Apr 14, 2009)
- Continuations in Mono: Embrace and Extending.NET, Part 3(Apr 09, 2009)
- Using MoMA to Port from Windows .NET to Mono on Linux(Apr 08, 2009)
- Taking a Closer Look at Microsoft's Ms-PL Open Source License(Apr 06, 2009)
- Microsoft releases ASP.NET under the MS-PL License(Apr 02, 2009)
- Microsoft Rebuilds Open Source Sandcastle(Jul 03, 2008)
- OSI Approves Microsoft Licenses Submissions(Oct 16, 2007)