"The application has been created off the back of
existing python scripts used with Conky. The reason for it's
creation is a simple one, Conky is great but formatting can suck
sometimes and html seemed the obvious choice of formatting giving
the user the ability to construct output in a variety of styles
based on understood techniques.
"General points to note about the app are:
* Very lightweight and low cpu usage
* Creates cropped images of the background wallpaper and uses them
for the generated html background, effectively making the window
* Utilises webkit html rendering engine and supports images,
* Ability to customise any output within the boundaries of what can
be done with html, and as it's html there are plenty of editors out
there which can help with design
* All output content is scrollable, so the window size remains
unchanged. Using the scroll wheel on a mouse will alway you to see
the extra content
* Variety of plugins available and you also have the ability to use
external scripts for rendering content too"
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.