Linux 2.6.30 Gets Faster Boot - but is Fedora Faster?
Jun 11, 2009, 00:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"New filesystem support, security and driver
improvements are all part of the new Linux 2.6.30 kernel release,
although one of the most noticeable elements in the new release is
the kernel inclusion of fastboot, an enhancement designed to speed
startup for Linux-based systems.
"Linux 2.6.30 also marks a step back, reinaugurating Tux the
penguin as its official mascot after a one-release hiatus, during
which Tuz the Tasmanian devil held the reins as a effort to raise
awareness around the plight of the Tasmanian devil."
- Linux 2.6.30 Kernel Benchmarks(May 29, 2009)
- Does A Greedy Intel Driver Improve Performance?(Apr 15, 2009)
- 2.6.27-rc3, "Things Really _Have_ Calmed Down"(Aug 14, 2008)
- GCC 4.2.4, Bug Fix Release(May 23, 2008)
- Kernel Space: Bisection Divides Users and Developers(Apr 23, 2008)
- Linux 2.6.24-rc6 [Released](Dec 21, 2007)
- 2.6.24-rc5, No Final Before Xmas(Dec 13, 2007)
- GCC 4.2.2 Released(Oct 10, 2007)