Amazon Kindle powered by Linux 2.6.22, FSF not impressed
Jun 17, 2009, 23:32 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"Digging into the code that Amazon is now making
available, provides some really interesting insight into the
underlying structure of the Kindle.
"For one, Kindle (at least the DX) is using a modified Linux
2.6.22 kernel. This is a kernel that originally was released by
Linus Torvalds in 2007. Is it a surprise that the Kindle is Linux
powered? (not really)."
- Kindle 2 vs Reading Disabled Students (Remote Kill Switch)(May 14, 2009)
- Amazon super-sizes the Kindle(May 07, 2009)
- Mr. Bezos, Tear Down This Wall(May 06, 2009)
- Sony, Google to offer 500,000 free e-books(Mar 20, 2009)
- All Kindles Should be Virtual(Mar 04, 2009)
- Amazon Backtracks on Kindle Voice Feature(Mar 02, 2009)
- Linux dominates in Amazon Kindle competitors(Feb 27, 2009)
Kindle's Feeling Reviewers' Love(Feb 25, 2009)