State of sound in Linux not so sorry after all
Jun 21, 2009, 03:01 (9 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Now much has changed, namely:
* OSS is now free and open source once again.
* PulseAudio has become widespread.
* Existing libraries have been improved.
* New Linux Distributions have been released, and some existing
ones have attempted an overhaul of their entire sound stack to
improve users' experience.
* People read the last article, and have more knowledge than
before, and in some cases, have become more opinionated than
* I personally have looked much closer at the issue to provide even
more relevant information."