What is the most popular language used in Open Source projects?
Aug 14, 2009, 12:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"What is the most popular programming language used by
open source developers?
"The answer depends on how you define popularity.
"According to a new study from Black Duck, a software-license
code analysis vendor, C represents more than 40 percent of all code
written for open source software.
"Black Duck made its determination by counting the actual lines
are on the rise when you look at the broader picture of how open
source projects use programming languages."
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Clojure(Aug 13, 2009)
- GTK+2: Let the Application Follow You!(Aug 11, 2009)
- Bjarne Stroustrup Expounds on Concepts and the Future of C++(Aug 08, 2009)
- 8 of the Best Free Linux Compilers(Aug 05, 2009)
- Why Code For Free? Linux/FOSS Devs Speak!(Jul 30, 2009)
- C++0x not before 2010 and without 'concepts'(Jul 26, 2009)
- Book Review: Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup(Jul 25, 2009)
- Linux Today Readers Speak on Chrome, Mono, and Best Beginner Programming Languages(Jul 18, 2009)
- Why GNOME Do Is Built With C#(Jul 17, 2009)
- Write Your Own Linux Twitter Client In Less Time Than It Takes To Find One!(Jul 10, 2009)