What is the most popular language used in Open Source projects?
Aug 14, 2009, 12:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"What is the most popular programming language used by
open source developers?
"The answer depends on how you define popularity.
"According to a new study from Black Duck, a software-license
code analysis vendor, C represents more than 40 percent of all code
written for open source software.
"Black Duck made its determination by counting the actual lines
are on the rise when you look at the broader picture of how open
source projects use programming languages."
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Clojure(Aug 12, 2009)
- GTK+2: Let the Application Follow You!(Aug 10, 2009)
- Bjarne Stroustrup Expounds on Concepts and the Future of C++(Aug 08, 2009)
- 8 of the Best Free Linux Compilers(Aug 04, 2009)
- Why Code For Free? Linux/FOSS Devs Speak!(Jul 29, 2009)
- C++0x not before 2010 and without 'concepts'(Jul 26, 2009)
- Book Review: Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup(Jul 25, 2009)
- Linux Today Readers Speak on Chrome, Mono, and Best Beginner Programming Languages(Jul 17, 2009)
- Why GNOME Do Is Built With C#(Jul 16, 2009)
- Write Your Own Linux Twitter Client In Less Time Than It Takes To Find One!(Jul 09, 2009)