Much ado about nothing: C# use in open source
Aug 25, 2009, 15:03 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sam Varghese)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Sam
Varghese for this link. ]
"Recent figures indicate that C# is the 10th language
of choice when it comes to open source.
"Its use stands at - hold your breath - 1.24 percent, just
one-hundredths of a percent more than assembly language.
"Mono, for the uninitiated, is an attempt by Miguel de Icaza,
the co-founder of the GNOME desktop project and currently
vice-president of Novell, to replicate parts of Microsoft's .NET
development environment as an open source project."
- If Moonlight is so hot, why isn't Novell using it?(Aug 19, 2009)
- ABC avoids uttering the 'W' word(Aug 18, 2009)
- Debian-Ubuntu debate: an upstream view(Aug 14, 2009)
- Is use of the GPL really decreasing?(Aug 12, 2009)
- Linux geeks, New Zealand beckons(Aug 12, 2009)
- OLPC Australia trying to burnish its image(Aug 10, 2009)
- Mono advocate offers Mono-free Ubuntu remix(Aug 07, 2009)
- Microsoft blames open source for revenue fall(Aug 06, 2009)