Installing Perl modules without root access
Aug 31, 2009, 08:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jon Allen)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Jon Allen
(JJ) for this link. ]
"And of course, local::lib itself can be installed
without root permissions, so there's no need to bother your
sysadmin at all!
"I'm going to demonstrate how to use local::lib on a clean
install of Ubuntu 9.04.
"The first thing to do is go to
http://search.cpan.org/dist/local-lib and download the latest
version. Save the .tar.gz archive to your Desktop folder.
search.cpan.org Downloading local::lib
"Next, open a Terminal session and enter the following commands
to unpack the archive:"
- Dynamically creating gui objects on demand in Perl(Jun 12, 2009)
- Drawing and animating directly to the Desktop with Perl(Jun 05, 2009)
- 5 resources for learning Perl Graphical Programming(Jun 02, 2009)
- Installing Eclipse, the Epic Perl plugin and my first Perl GUI program(May 10, 2009)
- Starting perl GUI programming(May 07, 2009)
- VMware ESX SDK SnapShot Perl Script Part 3(Apr 06, 2009)
- Build simple photo-sharing with Amazon cloud and Perl(Apr 06, 2009)
- Back To Basics: Getting File Information Using Perl's Stat Function(Feb 26, 2009)
- Healthcheck: Perl(Jan 14, 2009)
- Quotes From Larry Wall: Unix And Linux Perl Humor(Jan 12, 2009)