Enabling open core
Oct 05, 2009, 14:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Fred Trotter)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"To achieve this you have to recognize that our community does
not share universal motivations. The most important detail that you
need to understand about our community is the ways in which we we
relate to proprietary software.
"There are two general ways of thinking about how to relate to
proprietary software within the FOSS movement.
"There are those that believe that the most important potential
feature in software is the ability to change and share it with
restriction, which is software freedom.
"Others in the FOSS community feel that the important issue is
that we have a good method for collaboratively developing good
software and if people want to make money selling software that
restricts freedom (the definition of proprietary software) thats
- Open-source software may unify the medical-records realm(Sep 15, 2009)
- Open Source and Health Care Reform: Good news and bad news(Aug 19, 2009)
- Obama, open source & healthcare(Aug 11, 2009)
- Open Source as a Healthcare Solution(Jul 29, 2009)
- Would You Like Linux With Your Jello?(Jul 05, 2009)
- Weekly Ten: Kernel Newbs, Palm Pre Million Downloads, Top 10 Fascinating And Notable Lobotomies(Jun 30, 2009)
RIAA Targets Transplant Patient Ciara Sauro(Dec 08, 2008)