Richard Stallman Speaks
Oct 10, 2009, 04:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ken Hess)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Ken Hess
for this link. ]
"To begin, I wanted to know not just about free
software and the movement but his personal choices and I got quite
a surprise. He is definitely no hypocrite. He is so much of a free
software advocate that he even chose his personal computer because
of the type of BIOS it uses.
"I personally feel that using only free software is very
limiting and would be very difficult to successfully accomplish.
Richard Stallman doesn't find it difficult at all.
"After speaking with him, I wrote "What Free Software Means" and
placed it over in the *nix Software forum. Our conversation has
certainly changed the way I speak of free software and my
perspective on the whole movement."
- An Introduction to Freedomware (Video)(Oct 07, 2009)
- Richard Stallman on Radio New Zealand(Oct 07, 2009)
- Free as in Speech vs. Free as in Beer, Redux(Oct 07, 2009)
- FSF Amicus Curiae Brief(Oct 04, 2009)
- Without Free Software, Open Source Would Lose its Meaning(Sep 28, 2009)
FSF updates list of free GNU/Linux distributions(Sep 15, 2009)
- RMS: 1, Symbolics: 0(Aug 28, 2009)
- FSF and GNOME Calling Women of Community(Aug 27, 2009)