What's Java's Future?
Feb 03, 2010, 21:32 (7 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Serdar Yegulalp)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to James
Maguire for this link. ]
"With all of the screaming about the fate of MySQL under
Oracle's thumb, there's been far less discussion about a much more
important software project now under their control: Java.
"Java’s development as a language has been effectively
stalled for years now. Other languages, better suited to the kind
of rapid-fire development pace needed today, are eclipsing it.
Worse, Oracle doesn’t have the kind of track record with
software development to make people think they’d be able to
drag Java development – currently treading water – back
onto dry land.
"Oracle probably doesn’t want Java to become a relic of an
earlier age. But they’ve got their work cut out for
- Miguel de Icaza And Mono: Platform-Agnostic Programming Power(Dec 03, 2009)
- Communities Vs. Teams: Open Source Needs Both(Nov 16, 2009)
- Too Much Netbook For Too Litl?(Nov 06, 2009)
- More Reasons Why Linux Misses The Desktop(Nov 05, 2009)
- Ubuntu's Design Team: Make It Look Good, Run Better(Oct 15, 2009)
- Open Three Ways, Or More(Oct 13, 2009)
- Source Code Isn't A Standard(Oct 09, 2009)
- Linux's Desktop Growing Pains(Aug 19, 2009)