It's not just Twitter
Feb 18, 2010, 22:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"A recent Washington Post story observed that Twitter
loves open source. Twitter's not the only ones. Most, if not all,
social networks are built on top of Linux and open-source software.
"When the writer wrote that Twitter loves open source he wasn't
exaggerating. He was quoting from Twitter's About Open-Source page.
There, Twitter states that, "Twitter is built on open-source
software-here are the projects we have released or contribute
"It's quite a list of C++. Java, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and Scala
- What happens to Sun's open-source software now?(Feb 17, 2010)
- Mobile Linux Unification(Feb 16, 2010)
- The Five most popular corporate open-source programs(Feb 13, 2010)
- Never reboot again with Ksplice(Feb 11, 2010)
- Canonical picks open-source leader for COO(Feb 06, 2010)
- Can you trust Chinese computer equipment?(Feb 06, 2010)
- Linux upgrades the easy way(Feb 04, 2010)
- Anything the iPad can do, Linux can do better.(Jan 29, 2010)
- And the best Linux desktop distro of all is...(Jan 28, 2010)