John Carmack Gets Lifetime Achievement Award
Feb 24, 2010, 21:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Marcus Yam)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"John Carmack, one of the geniuses in 3D gaming technology will
be recognized in March at 2010 Game Developers Choice Awards for
his lifetime of achievement.
"Carmack's involvement in the design of game engines led to the
Doom and Quake franchises as well as the numerous games based off
of his engine code.
"The announcement from GDC reads:"
- Quake, Meet GPL; GPL, Meet Quake(Mar 04, 2009)
- Carmack: Quake Live on Mac, Linux 'high on my priority list'(Feb 25, 2009)
- OpenGL 3.0, GLSL 1.30 Released(Aug 17, 2008)
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Demo(Oct 16, 2007)
- John Carmack Not as Interested in Linux (and OpenGL?)(Sep 19, 2007)
- Shacknews: Quake III Source to be GPL'ed "Within a Week"(Aug 14, 2005)