OISF (Open Information Security Foundation) Releases Suricata 1.0 NIDS
Jul 04, 2010, 01:04 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
Date: 1/31/2018 @ 2 p.m. ET
[ Thanks to Secumind for this link. ]
The OISF development team is proud to announce Suricata
1.0.0, the first stable release of Suricata, the Open Source
Intrusion Detection and Prevention engine.
Get the new release here:
- Support for the tag keyword was added.
- Support for DCERPC over UDP was added.
- CUDA was fixed and it's performance was improved a lot
- Fix short HTTP sessions sometimes not being parsed properly.
- Duplicate signatures are now detected, the signature with the
highest revision is used.
- Uricontent inspection was improved.
- alert debuglog now also prints flow information, including
- Pattern searching was improved in general and specially also for
Known issues & missing features
As always, we are doing our best to make you aware of continuing
development and items within the engine that are not yet complete
or optimal. With this in mind, please notice the list we have
included of known items we are working on.
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.
- 50 Open Source Tools To Replace Popular Security Software(May 18, 2010)
- Top Ten Free Wi-Fi Security Test Tools(May 10, 2010)
- Linux-powered Packet Fence Protects Your Network(Dec 31, 2009)
- Metasploit 3.3 Expands Open Source Vulnerability Test Framework(Nov 19, 2009)
- Stumbling and Sniffing Wireless Networks in Linux, Part 3(Nov 16, 2009)
- Linux Security Notes - AIDE File Integrity(Oct 22, 2009)
- Stumbling and Sniffing Wireless Networks in Linux, Part 1(Oct 19, 2009)
- NetIQ Carves Out Cross-Platform Net Management Niche(Oct 06, 2009)
- Intrusion Detection With Snort, ACIDBASE, MySQL, And Apache2 On Ubuntu 9.04(Sep 25, 2009)