Introduction to Java programming
Aug 24, 2010, 22:05 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by J Steven Perry)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
"The two-part "Introduction to Java programming"
tutorial is intended to get software developers who are new to Java
technology up and running with object-oriented programming (OOP)
and real-world application development using the Java language and
"This first part is a step-by-step introduction to OOP using the
Java language. The tutorial begins with an overview of the Java
platform and language and is followed by instructions for setting
up a development environment consisting of a Java Development Kit
(JDK) and the Eclipse IDE. Once you have been introduced to your
development environment's components, you will begin learning basic
Java syntax hands-on.
"Part 2 covers more-advanced language features, including
regular expressions, generics, I/O, and serialization. Programming
examples in Part 2 build on the Person object that you begin
developing in Part 1."
- So the patent mess started from Java and not .NET.. what an irony!
(Aug 24, 2010)
- Java development 2.0: Cloud storage with Amazon's SimpleDB(Aug 08, 2010)
- Google executive frustrated by Java, C++ complexity(Jul 25, 2010)
- Metasploit 3.4 Takes Aim at Java Apps(May 20, 2010)
- Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) and Java(Apr 12, 2010)
- Ruby Development Gains Commercial Support on Java as New JRuby Version Looms(Apr 02, 2010)
- Java vs. C++: The Performance Showdown(Jan 13, 2010)
- Java development 2.0: Gaelyk for Google App Engine(Jan 06, 2010)
- A Test-Driven Development Stack for Java: Maven, Jetty, Mockito, and JAX-RS(Dec 31, 2009)