Android Development 101: 'Hello World' in Four Minutes Flat
Jan 31, 2011, 23:35 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Chris Bennett)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Start learning how to develop for the Android platform with the
Android Development 101 video series. In this first episode, Chris
L. Bennett demonstrates how to create a traditional Hello World
application. In just over four minutes, he:
1. Shows the process of creating a new Android project;
2. Provides a brief view of the project folder structure;
3. Covers the main layout in the project, including modifications
needed for the Hello World demonstration;
4. Jumps into the source code and starts modifying it to capture
button events and change text in the layout; and
5. Demonstrates the code in the emulator, which simply allows the
user to click a button and show the text change.
"By the time the video ends, you will have created your first
Android 'Hello World' application.
"Watch the full four-minute video at Internet.com/video:"