Android Development 101: 'Hello World' in Four Minutes Flat
Jan 31, 2011, 23:35 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Chris Bennett)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
Date: 1/31/2018 @ 2 p.m. ET
"Start learning how to develop for the Android platform with the
Android Development 101 video series. In this first episode, Chris
L. Bennett demonstrates how to create a traditional Hello World
application. In just over four minutes, he:
1. Shows the process of creating a new Android project;
2. Provides a brief view of the project folder structure;
3. Covers the main layout in the project, including modifications
needed for the Hello World demonstration;
4. Jumps into the source code and starts modifying it to capture
button events and change text in the layout; and
5. Demonstrates the code in the emulator, which simply allows the
user to click a button and show the text change.
"By the time the video ends, you will have created your first
Android 'Hello World' application.
"Watch the full four-minute video at Internet.com/video:"