Linux 3.0 rc6
Jul 05, 2011, 14:00 (1 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
" From Linus Torvalds <>
Subject Linux 3.0-rc6 ..
and a happy Independence Day to all the US kernel people out
There is not a lot to be said about -rc6. The biggest part by
far is the inclusion of the intel isci driver - I was admittedly a
bit doubtful about it, but it's not like it is going to cause
regressions for any existing Linux users, so whatever.
And quite frankly, Christoph Hellwig has now _twice_ said good
things about that driver, which is pretty unusual. It might mean
that the driver is great. Of course, it's way more likely that
space aliens are secretly testing their happy drugs on Christoph.
Or maybe he's just naturally mellowing.
Other than the isci driver, the rest really is just lots of
random small stuff. It's getting to the point where I'm thinking I
should just release 3.0, because it's been pretty quiet, and the
fixes haven't been earth-shakingly exciting. Some drm (radeon and
intel) fixes might be noticeable to more people, the rest would
tend to be pretty esoteric.
And so, I'm off to make s'mores,
- Linux 3.0-rc5(Jun 28, 2011)
- Linux 3.0 will still be noticeably faster than 2.6.39(Jun 24, 2011)
- Linux Top 5: Linux 3, LibreOffice and Firefox Advance as Adobe Falls Behind(Jun 22, 2011)
- Linux 3.0 -rc4(Jun 22, 2011)
- Re: Linux -rc3 "In other words: don't be stupid."(Jun 15, 2011)
- Linux 3.0 -rc3 Released(Jun 14, 2011)
- Linux 3.0 -rc2(Jun 06, 2011)
- Linux 3.0 -rc1(May 30, 2011)
- Why it's time for Linux 3.0(May 26, 2011)