Google Chrome Is Being Ported To Wayland
Aug 15, 2011, 23:00 (5 Talkback[s])
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"Beginning last month on the Wayland mailing list there was some
activity by a Chromium contributor (example) named Daniel Nicoara.
His messages have continued and just this afternoon submitted a new
patch to fix Wayland's incomplete frame-buffer attachment on GTK
when using the latest GTK3 tool-kit.
Wayland contributions from a Chromium e-mail address isn't too
informative by itself, but when digging a bit deeper is when the
situation becomes more interesting.
- Ubuntu Wayland: Shuttleworth's post-Mac makeover(Dec 26, 2010)
- No KMS? No Mesa? Run Wayland Off A Linux Framebuffer!(Nov 24, 2010)
- My thoughts on the switch to wayland(Nov 16, 2010)
- Fedora, like Ubuntu, to dump X for Wayland(Nov 15, 2010)
- Fedora To Ditch X.Org Too, May Bring Wayland Fedora 15 Onwards(Nov 13, 2010)
- Two Features Wayland Will Have That X Doesn't(Nov 11, 2010)
- Compiz to be Rewritten for Ubuntu Wayland(Nov 10, 2010)
- Ubuntu embraces Unity and Wayland. Or, GNU/Linux is exciting again(Nov 09, 2010)
- Ubuntu abandons X server for Wayland(Nov 05, 2010)
- Ubuntu To Ditch X For Wayland(Nov 05, 2010)
- Unity on Wayland(Nov 05, 2010)
- The State Of The Wayland Display Server(May 21, 2009)
- Wayland: A New X Server For Linux(Nov 03, 2008)