People behind Debian: Enrico Zini, member of the New Maintainer Frontdesk
Sep 10, 2011, 06:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"One of the first things I noticed when I become a Front Desk
member is that there was a tendency to advocate people too early,
thinking "by the time they'll get an AM, they'll know enough".
Unfortunately, this didn't always work, and once the real NM
process started it would turn into a very long and demotivating
experience both for the applicant and for the AM. So we tried
raising the bar on advocacies, and that seems to have helped a lot.
If people join NM when they are ready, it means that NM is quick
and painless both for them and their AMs, who are therefore able to
process more applicants.
- Restricting Users To SFTP Plus Setting Up Chrooted SSH/SFTP (Debian Squeeze)(Sep 08, 2011)
- Installing PowerDNS (With MySQL Backend) And Poweradmin On Debian Squeeze(Sep 02, 2011)
- Enable automatic security update in Debian/Ubuntu(Aug 27, 2011)
- How To Speed Up Drupal 7.7 With Boost And nginx (Debian Squeeze)(Aug 26, 2011)
- Debian Community celebrates its 18th birthday(Aug 17, 2011)
- How To Run Your Own DNS Servers (Primary And Secondary) With ISPConfig 3 (Debian Squeeze)(Jul 21, 2011)
- A Status Update On GNU Hurd: Java, Debian, Money(Jul 18, 2011)
- Stories of Linux: Interview with Ian Murdock on Debian's Early Days(Jul 07, 2011)