Why Hasn't Google Put ChromeOS Out to Pasture?
Dec 02, 2011, 14:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joe Brockmeier)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"While Google has been extremely successful with the Chrome
browser, it seems home users and businesses are much less
enthusiastic about an operating system based on the browser.
According to a recent report in The Register Chromebook sales are
"unlikely to exceed 30,000 units."
To compare, Google claims 500,000 Android devices activated
every day. Clearly, Chromebook sales leave a lot to be desired.
- Why is Google Chrome OS ready for Prime Time(Sep 05, 2011)
- Whitehat Targets Chrome OS at Black Hat(Jul 16, 2011)
- How to install Google's Chrome OS(May 31, 2011)
- Google Chrome OS: Reviving Netbooks or Invading Notebooks(May 10, 2011)
- Weekly Ten: Chrome OS vs. Android 3.0, Great Programming is Not Coding, Hacking Linux(Feb 07, 2011)
- Who Google has in mind for its Chrome OS users(Dec 15, 2010)
- Chrome OS Notebooks Will Be Windows-proof(Dec 10, 2010)
- Chrome OS needs to remember the Linux lessons
(Dec 10, 2010)
- Google's Chrome OS is here... sort of, kind of(Dec 09, 2010)
- The Three Differences between Chrome OS and Android(Dec 06, 2010)