Deborah Estrin wants to (literally) open source your life
May 27, 2013, 15:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
You may not have heard about Dr. Deborah Estrin, a computer science professor and open source advocate, but she is on a mission to bring open source quite literally to the cellular level. But before we explain why, we need to put her work in the current context.
Estrin is one of six professors of the latest academic disruption experiment that goes by the name of Cornell Tech. The Ivy League university is building a new 2,000-student, two million square-foot engineering graduate school campus over the next 25 years on the south end of Roosevelt Island in the middle of the East River in New York City.
- Interview With Gnome Release Manager Frederic Peters(May 07, 2012)
- Exclusive Fedora Interview(May 27, 2008)
- FOSDEM Interview: Florent Benoit(Jan 15, 2004)
- Video Interviews from GUADEC(Sep 03, 2010)
- Interview with Salih Emin of Utappia(May 07, 2012)
- Interview: SciRuby Team(Aug 21, 2011)
- KernelTrap: Interview: Jens Axboe(Jan 31, 2007)
- Interview: Avi Kivity(Apr 24, 2007)
- Building a Linux distribution from scratch Interview(Sep 10, 2012)
- Exclusive Interview: Alasdair Lumsden(Sep 12, 2012)