Debunking four myths about Android, Google, and open-source
Feb 20, 2014, 03:00 (3 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
You would think that Android relationship with Linux and open source would be fairly well understood by now. However, recent articles in the tech and general press have created confusion where none ought to exist. Let me see if I can un-muddy the waters.
The Guardian published a story, which they have since taken down, spreading FUD about Google, Android, Linux, open source, and licensing. The paper later published another article trying to get the Android facts right, but, well, they still don't.
- Android smartwatch smackdown!(Oct 31, 2011)
Ubuntu running Google Android. Does it matter?(May 27, 2009)
- First Android Phone?(Jan 09, 2008)
- Google has forked Android(Jan 27, 2011)
- The dirty little secret about Google Android(Aug 23, 2010)
- Why Microsoft Loves Google Android, Take 2(Dec 24, 2007)
- The great Ars Android interface shootout(Jul 24, 2013)
- Android's (quiet) killer feature(Jan 31, 2013)
- Android shines as a mobile platform(Feb 11, 2013)