Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition
Jul 07, 2013, 06:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Dell has long been one of the most Linux-friendly PC manufacturers. But with its project Sputnik, Dell has really embraced open source software in a way unique to all PC makers. Sputnik is the nickname for Dell’s newest Linux laptop — the XPS 13 Developer Edition, a sleek ultrabook that runs Ubuntu out of the box.
If the idea of running Linux full-time is foreign or novel to you, this is not the laptop for you. Likewise, if you’re of the opinion that Linux on the desktop just isn’t ready for everyday use, then this is not the laptop for you. It’s also not the laptop for the Linux geek who scoffs at everything but Arch and loves to search out obscure hardware drivers.
- Dell Updates Linux Strategy(Mar 29, 2007)
- Dirty Dell or Deliverer Dell?(Jun 23, 2007)
- VIDEO: Dell netbook to Dell phone mod!(Jan 06, 2010)
- Dell settlement approved(Oct 15, 2010)
- Dell Delights Investors(Jun 02, 2007)
- The Inquirer: Rants on Dell(Mar 31, 2007)
- The great Dell Linux scam(Jun 10, 2009)
- Which Linux Will Dell Offer?(Apr 23, 2007)
- Motley Fool: Dell: Internet Bricklayer(Apr 08, 2000)
- Dell + Linux + Wal-Mart(Jun 01, 2007)