EdX Goes Open Source To Woo MOOC Developers
Jun 10, 2013, 10:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
EdX, the massive open online course (MOOC) consortium started by MIT and Harvard, has released its full source code, a decision the backers hope will accelerate advances to the platform.
"We want contributors," said Rob Rubin, edX's VP of engineering. "We'd welcome any company's contributions and any peoples' use of the edX platform. We're in the very early days in the development of the technology to support learning and research about learning. Let's all contribute to the open-source effort to be able to rapidly evolve that for the benefits of the student."
- Education, Education, Education(May 15, 2007)
- Open Source Software In Education(Feb 15, 2011)
- Zen Gift of Education(Feb 06, 2008)
- Free Software in Education(May 24, 2009)
- Educational Programs in GNU/Linux(Apr 16, 2008)
- Deploying education desktops - made easier(Feb 13, 2009)
- Linux in education: a genuine alternative(Dec 29, 2010)
- Linux Focus: Linux as an educational tool(Oct 22, 1998)