How to teach hacking in school and open up education
Feb 25, 2014, 11:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
Whatever you may have heard about hackers, the truth is they do something really, really well: discover. Hackers are motivated, resourceful, and creative. They get deeply into how things work, to the point that they know how to take control of them and change them into something else. This lets them re-think even big ideas because they can really dig to the bottom of how things function.
Furthermore, they aren't afraid to make the same mistake twice just out of a kind of scientific curiosity, to see if that mistake always has the same results. That's why hackers don't see failure as a mistake or a waste of time because every failure means something and something new to be learned. And these are all traits any society needs in order to make progress. Which is why we need to get it into schools.
- Education, Education, Education(May 15, 2007)
- Open Source Software In Education(Feb 15, 2011)
- Zen Gift of Education(Feb 06, 2008)
- Free Software in Education(May 24, 2009)
- Educational Programs in GNU/Linux(Apr 16, 2008)
- Deploying education desktops - made easier(Feb 13, 2009)
- Linux in education: a genuine alternative(Dec 29, 2010)
- Linux Focus: Linux as an educational tool(Oct 22, 1998)