Linux 4.0 rc2
Mar 04, 2015, 04:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
So rc2 missed the usual Sunday afternoon timing, because I spent most
of the weekend debugging an issue that happened on an old Mac Mini I
have around, and I hate making even early -rc releases with problems
on machines that I have direct access to. Even if it only affected old
machines that actual developers are unlikely to have or at least use.
Today I got the patch from Daniel Vetter to fix it, so instead of
doing a Sunday evening rc2, it's a Tuesday morning one. Go get it. It
works better for the delay.
Other than that little one-liner i915 fix? Not much, actually. It's
been a very quiet week, for being this early in the release process.
Sure, 3.19-rc2 was even smaller, so it continues a trend, but that was
the xmas week. I hope this low volume is just because the 4.0 merge
window itself was somewhat calmer than most recent releases. But I
suspect the real reason is that the driver and networking trees from
GregKH and davem are pending, and didn't make rc2.
Anyway, the shortlog is appended, and testing is appreciated,
- Linux 3.20 Likely to be Renumbered as Linux 4.0(Feb 16, 2015)
- Linus Torvalds Debuts First Linux 4 Release Candidate(Feb 23, 2015)
- Oracle VirtualBox Updates to run on Linux 4.0 Kernel(Mar 03, 2015)
- [GIT PULL] Live patching for 3.20(Feb 11, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc2(Mar 04, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc3(Mar 08, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc4(Mar 15, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc5(Mar 23, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc6(Mar 30, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc7(Apr 06, 2015)