Linux 4.0 rc5
Mar 23, 2015, 05:38 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
So rc5 is almost exactly the same size as rc4 was. I'd be happier if
the rc's were shrinking, but I guess I should be thankful they at
least don't seem to be growing.
There's nothing particularly worrisome going on, although I'm still
trying to think about the NUMA balancing performance regression. It
may not be a show-stopper, but it's annoying, and I want it fixed.
We'll get it, I'm sure.
In the meantime, rc5 is mostly driver updates (all over the driver
tree: gpu, usb, sound, networking, hid, input, pinctrl, etc etc) with
a few arch updates (x86, arm, arm64, sparc) and some filesystem fixes
(mainly btrfs). And a smattering of non-driver networking fixes too.
Shortlog appended, although it's not particularly interesting. Most of
the bigger patches were reverts, which is as it should be at this
- Linux 3.20 Likely to be Renumbered as Linux 4.0(Feb 16, 2015)
- Linus Torvalds Debuts First Linux 4 Release Candidate(Feb 23, 2015)
- Oracle VirtualBox Updates to run on Linux 4.0 Kernel(Mar 03, 2015)
- [GIT PULL] Live patching for 3.20(Feb 11, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc2(Mar 04, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc3(Mar 08, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc4(Mar 15, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc5(Mar 23, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc6(Mar 30, 2015)
- Linux 4.0 rc7(Apr 06, 2015)