Linux 4.12 rc2
May 21, 2017, 22:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
As usual, the week after rc1 tends to be fairly quiet when people are
still looking for bugs and taking a breather after the merge window.
But we've got a healthy number of fixes in, and there's some
cleanup/prep patches for the upcoming 5-level page table support that
I took after the merge window just to make the next merge window
There's also a (small) late random driver update.
But most of it is just fixes, with arch and drivers being the bulk of
it (powerpc and i915 stand out, respectively) but with a noticeable
component elsewhere (mm patches mainly through Andrew, some fs
updatres, radix tree test updates etc).
Shortlog appended with details, go forth and test. I think we're in
fine shape for this stage in the development kernel, it shouldn't be
particularly scary to just say "I'll be a bit adventurous and test an
rc2 kernel". Yes, it's early rc time still, but go on, help us make
sure we're doing ok..
- Linux 4.12 rc1(May 14, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 rc2(May 21, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 rc3(May 28, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 rc4(Jun 04, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 rc5(Jun 11, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 rc6(Jun 19, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 rc7(Jun 26, 2017)
- Linux 4.12 Released(Jul 02, 2017)
- The New Features So Far For The Linux 4.12 Kernel(May 08, 2017)
- Linux, meet DisplayPort(Apr 03, 2017)