Linux 4.17 rc2
Apr 23, 2018, 12:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
So rc2 is out, and things look fairly normal.
The diff looks a bit unusual, with the tools subdirectory dominating,
with 30%+ of the whole diff. Mostly perf and test scripts.
But if you ignore that, the rest looks fairly usual. Arch updates
(s390 and x86 dominate) and drivers (networking, gpu, HID, mmc, misc)
are the bulk of it, with misc other changes all over (filesystems,
core kernel, networking, docs).
We've still got some known fallout from the merge window, but it
shouldn't affect most normal configurations, so go out and test.
- Linux 4.17 rc1(Apr 16, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 Will Allow Some Systems To Lower Their Idle Power Use Up To 10%+(Apr 12, 2018)
- The Big Changes Merged This Week For The Linux 4.17 Kernel(Apr 09, 2018)
- AMDGPU Has More WattMan Improvements & Power Profiling For Linux 4.17(Mar 09, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc2(Apr 23, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc3(Apr 30, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc4(May 07, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc5(May 14, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc6(May 20, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc7(May 28, 2018)