Linux 4.17 rc5
May 14, 2018, 06:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Things continue to look fairly normal. About half the rc5 release is driver
updates, with amdgpu standing out but mainly because everything else is
really pretty small, not because the amdgpu patches are all that big.
Outside of drivers, there's a random collection of changes all over: some
filesystems (ceph and cifs), some networking, some core kernel, some small
arch updates, and some tooling.
There's a fair number of changes in there (shortlog appended as usual), but
a lot of them really are one- or two-liners.
So I think we're in pretty good shape. Please go keep testing, though, to
make sure we're not missing anything.
- Linux 4.17 rc1(Apr 16, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 Will Allow Some Systems To Lower Their Idle Power Use Up To 10%+(Apr 12, 2018)
- The Big Changes Merged This Week For The Linux 4.17 Kernel(Apr 09, 2018)
- AMDGPU Has More WattMan Improvements & Power Profiling For Linux 4.17(Mar 09, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc2(Apr 23, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc3(Apr 30, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc4(May 07, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc5(May 14, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc6(May 20, 2018)
- Linux 4.17 rc7(May 28, 2018)