Linux 4.2 rc3
Jul 19, 2015, 22:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Normal Sunday release schedule, and a fairly normal rc release. There
was some fallout from the x86 FPU cleanups, but that only hit CPU's
with the xsaves instruction, and it should be all good now.
About 50% drivers, with the rest being half "architecture updates
(x86, arm, m68k, s390, arc) and the rest spread out all over.
Networking, tools, filesystems, etc.
I'd have liked rc3 to be slightly smaller than it is, but I don't
think there's anything _particularly_ scary going on.
- Linux 4.2 Works On More Scheduler Improvements(Jun 23, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 DRM Updates: Lots Of AMD Attention, No Nouveau Driver Changes(Jun 29, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 Will Tweak The CFQ Scheduler For SSDs To Offer Better Performance(Jun 07, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc1(Jul 06, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc2(Jul 13, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc3(Jul 19, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc4(Jul 26, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc5(Aug 03, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc6(Aug 09, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc7(Aug 17, 2015)