Linux 4.5 rc3
Feb 07, 2016, 18:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
It's Sunday afternoon, and everything is normal. And that means that
there's a new rc release right on time.
It's slightly bigger than I'd like, but not excessively so (and not
unusually so). Most of the patches are pretty small, although the diff
is utterly dominated by the (big) removal a couple of staging rdma
drivers that just weren't going anywhere. Those removal patches are
90% of the bulk of the diff.
Of the remaining 10%, the rest is still mostly drivers (networking,
gpu, sound, usb), with the rest being miscellaneous other stuff (core
networking, some VM fixes from Andrew, ARM SoC fixes, crypto etc).
So it may not be a tiny rc, but there is also nothing particularly
worrisome in there.
Shortlog appended for people who want to get more of a detail overview,
- Mesa 11.1 Will Likely Support The Raspberry Pi 3D Support In Linux 4.5(Dec 15, 2015)
- Features & Changes Merged So Far For The Linux 4.5 Kernel(Jan 18, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc1(Jan 24, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc2(Jan 31, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc3(Feb 07, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc4(Feb 14, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc5(Feb 21, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc7(Mar 06, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 Released(Mar 14, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 Offloads Copying, Improves IPv6 Networking(Mar 14, 2016)