Linux 4.6 rc2
Apr 03, 2016, 18:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
You all know the drill by now - another week, another rc. I'd say that
things look fairly normal at this point: it's not a big rc2, but
that's been true lately (rc3 tends to be a bit bigger - probably just
because it takes time for people to start noticing issues).
The patch statistics look fairly normal too: about half is drivers,
almost a quarter is architecture fixups, and the rest is mostly
networking and some documentation updates, but there's some core
kernel/mm/fs fixes in there too.
The shortlog is appended and gives a good flavor of the kinds of
changes we have.
Go out and test, nothing looks all that scary there.
- EFI Security Improvements & More For Linux 4.6(Mar 17, 2016)
- The Features That Landed So Far In The Linux 4.6 Kernel(Mar 22, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc1(Mar 28, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc2(Apr 03, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc3(Apr 11, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc4 released(Apr 17, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc5(Apr 24, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc6(May 01, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 Will Fix A Bug Where Some Laptops Are Always Throttled With Bad Performance(Mar 25, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 rc7(May 09, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 is out(May 15, 2016)
- Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support(May 15, 2016)