Linux 4.7 rc6
Jul 04, 2016, 10:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
Hmm.. Another week, another -rc.
I'd love to tell you that things are calming down, and we're
shrinking, but that would be a lie.
It's not like this is a huge rc, but it's definitely bigger than the
previous rc's were. I don't think that's necessarily a big problem, it
seems to be mostly timing - we've just happened to get merges from
most subsystems (eg networking from Davem, and all of the usual device
driver subsystems from Greg, not to mention the GPU updates and all
the random other subsystem maintainers). But networking (both drivers
and core) is the most noticeable part.
Details in the appended shortlog as usual.
Let's see how this all goes next week. One-time fluke or a bad
- Linux 4.7 To Finally Support The First "Light Ridge" Thunderbolt Controller(May 20, 2016)
- F2FS & Btrfs Get Fixes For Linux 4.7 Kernel(May 22, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management(May 26, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 rc1(May 31, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 rc2(Jun 05, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 rc3(Jun 13, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 rc4(Jun 20, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 rc5(Jun 27, 2016)
- Linux 4.7 rc6(Jul 04, 2016)