MATE 1.12 released
Nov 06, 2015, 08:00 (0 Talkback[s])
What’s new in MATE 1.12
The headline changes in MATE 1.12 are:
- Fixes and improvements for GTK3 support across the entire MATE Desktop including GTK 3.18 support.
- Touchpad support is significantly improved and now features multi touch and natural scrolling.
- Multi monitor support has been improved so the display settings use output names and the revised UI lets you set the primary monitor.
- The power applet now displays model and vendor information so you can distinguish between multiple battery powered devices.
- Improved session management which now includes screensaver inhibition while playing media.
- MATE now listens to the
- Extended systemd support.
- Long standing bugs and many little usability paper-cuts were fixed.
- For example, panel applets are no longer reordered when changing screen resolutions.
- Translations updated and a number of components now retrieve strings directly from
gschema (requires intltool 0.50.1).
- Dropped support for