The Big Nouveau Rework Will Indeed Land For Linux 4.3
Aug 31, 2015, 06:00 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michael Larabel)
A few days ago I wrote about the open-source NVIDIA kernel driver going through a big rework and now that code has been queued up into DRM-Next for Linux 4.3.
Ben Skeggs of Red Hat who maintains the Nouveau DRM driver explained the work in the commit, "Beyond correcting some not-so-great design decisions and making the code a lot easier to work with, there's not much exciting (lower memory usage, GPU VM should be a lot faster, etc) to be gained by the end-user as a result of the cleanup, it mostly lays the groundwork for future improvements."
- Linux 4.2 Works On More Scheduler Improvements(Jun 23, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 DRM Updates: Lots Of AMD Attention, No Nouveau Driver Changes(Jun 29, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 Will Tweak The CFQ Scheduler For SSDs To Offer Better Performance(Jun 07, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc1(Jul 06, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc2(Jul 13, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc3(Jul 19, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc4(Jul 26, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc5(Aug 03, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc6(Aug 09, 2015)
- Linux 4.2 rc7(Aug 17, 2015)